Jan 13 – 15, 2012 – MWSM @ Camp Wellstone
Mindy & Dee headed off to the “Citizen Activism, Advocacy & Organizing” track.
- Core Elements of a Message
- Grassroots Organizing & Mobilizing
- Engaging People for Action: Building One-to-one Relations
- Volunteer Recruitment and Management
- Leadership: Being and Finding the Leaders We Deserve
- Telling Your Story with New and Traditional Media
- Power Mapping and Strategic Planning
- Grassroots Advocacy & Lobbying
- Message Development and Delivery
- Campaign Plan & Budget
- Building, Growing & Mobilizing a Base
- Earned Media
- Paid Media and Direct Mail
- Field Organizing the Wellstone Way and GOTV
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Grassroots Fundraising
- Running Effective Phone Banks and Canvasses
- Online Organizing
Well if you are wonder by now, what is Camp Wellstone?
Camp Wellstone is an intensive and energizing training program that is open to anyone interested in gaining practical skills in progressive political action. Over 16,000 people have graduated from the camps since they began in 2003, and we have held camps in 39 states to date.
During the camp, participants divide into three tracks:
- Electoral Campaigns: Tools and Tactics for Success
- Citizen Activism: Grassroots Advocacy and Organizing
- Being a Candidate: How to Run and Win a Progressive Campaign
Each track has a distinctive curriculum (see below) taught by some of the nation’s leading experts in grassroots politics and organizing. In each track, we draw from Paul and Sheila Wellstone’s distinctive and innovative approach to politics – something we call the Wellstone Triangle. The three elements of the triangle are: progressive public policy, which lays out an agenda for action; grassroots community organizing, which builds a constituency to fight for change; and grassroots electoral politics, which provides tools for influencing and holding decision-makers accountable.
Camp Wellstone has been an extraordinary success. Evaluations from participants have been uniformly positive, and camp graduates rave about their experiences. One participant called the camp “the most useful three days of my career.” Because the trainings focus on developing practical, real-world skills, our graduates are able to immediately apply their skills in their own communities.
Find out more infomation @ www.wellstone.org